Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 3 of HCG Diet Protocol by Dr. Simeons: Famished

Okay, so it's really my own fault.  I didn't plan my day well at all regarding having to make my own food and being home.  I basically starved until lunch at 1:30pm, and even then I only ate some chicken... no vegetable, no fruit, no bread stick.  Surprisingly though, the chicken satisfied the hunger pangs in my stomach.  Dinner followed suit, though, I didn't eat dinner until after 7pm.  Though I didn't have hunger pangs and my stomach didn't growl at all, I felt empty and famished.  I ate a super yummy steak with garlic and onion powder (is that even allowed???), two helpings of spinach (since I could make up for lunch) for a salad with lemon juice and a crushed up Melba Toast.  For 'dessert' afterward, I ate a one slice of an apple, and a cup of herbal tea with Stevia.

I feel pretty good now that I've eaten - just a remaining headache that I'm hoping I will sleep off.  Anyone know if you can take asprin?  I definitely did not drink all the water I should have (maybe only 3/4's of a liter), so I'll try more water tomorrow to prevent another headache.

My husband is doing this hcg protocol, too.  He went to bed at 7pm, without dinner, because he wasn't feeling well at all.  His symptoms were nausea and light-headedness.  He didn't have the nasea the first two days like I did, and I didn't have it today... interesting.  I really, really hope tomorrow is a better day for him so we can keep going on this together.  Last night we took our 'before' pictures... oh, my... I still don't know if I will have the courage to share them with the world :-)  Maybe when I am at my goal weight and take my 'after' pictures I'll feel more courageous!

I can tell that I am going to get bored with eating the same foods over and over.  I'm going to have to do some scouring to see if I can find hcg recipes online. 

I gained four pounds on the binge days, three the first day and only one the next.  I just weighed myself (7:45pm) and I weigh the same as I did this morning - so I'm sure I'll wake up in the morning and find that I've lost a pound or two of weight... hoping.  Of course I'll let you know.

Well, I'm off to get in bed myself and read "New Moon".  Now that the movie is coming out at the end of the month I feel compelled to read the book before I see it.  It's that perfect cheesy, easy read that is nice to unwind to at the end of a busy day ;-)

Goodnight!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep it real but respectful.