Thursday, November 12, 2009

Day 8 HCG Diet Protocol: .5 pound gain

Big bummer this morning.  I got on the scale and was back up to 143.  I've gained .5 pounds.  What gives?  Here's what I'm thinking.  I searched online for 'hcg diet recipes' and found many great recipes, including one I had last night.  It was steak in the crockpot with beef broth, onion soup mix, pepper, and green onions.  Boy was it GOOD.  Best meal I've had so far on the VLCD.  That is all I did different... so was it the extra fat from the steak sitting in the crockput and mixing in with the broth that sucked down as soup with the beef?  Was it the onion soup mix?  I don't know for sure.  Perhaps I put a little more than a tablespoon of nonfat milk in my herbal tea (which I've decided is ablsolutely distgusting... why have the milk at all if you can't have all the yummy goodness of cream?).  I'm still not totally sure what the deal is, but here is my warning... be careful about online recipes just because it has the term 'hcg' associated with it.

My severe frustration only made me stronger, and I was resolute in drinking as much of the two liters of water that I could today.  I am so not a huge drinker, so this is and has been a challenge for me.  It's almost 11pm and I drank just over 1.5 liters.  I'm happy with that - it's much better than I have been doing.  We'll see if that makes a difference in my weight loss tomorrow morning.  By the way, two standars size water bottles equal one liter, four equal two liters (which is the minimum we are supposed to drink), eight bottles equal 1 gallon.  I had to figure this out to give myself an idea of how many water bottles I would have to drink.  It's less than I would have guessed.

I will say I am still so tempted by all kinds of food - shoot, I'm even tempted by food I would never have been interested in before this diet!  I saw a guy walk out of 7-11 with a hot dog and I gawked as he walked by.  My hubs and I went to a movie tonight (saw Love Happens) and when we walked out afterward they were just popping new popcorn.  I felt like for sure their was a conspiracy against us.  How dare they tempt us with all the yummy fresh popcorn smells!  On our way home, we saw a sign for a chocolate party, "tonight at 8pm".  Are you kidding me?  I think Dr. Simeons should have mandatory binge days after the protocol.  ;-)

Tomorrow I am upping my injection of hcg.  Right now I am taking between 12 and 15 units.  I am bumping it to 20.  I saw a YouTube video of someone else struggling with massive hunger like I am and that is what someone recommended to her.  Unfortunately she didn't post a follow up for us to know how that went, but you can be sure I will let you know if that does the trick for me.

Okay, wish me luck for tomorrow!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please keep it real but respectful.